Mauritius 2019. New Substance Requirements for Global Business Companies
The Financial Services Commission (“FSC”) will now issue only one type of Global Business Licence company, namely the Global BusinessCorporation (“GBC”) as from 01st January 2019.
As per Section 71(3) of the Financial Services Act 2018, a GBC shall at all times:
1. Carry out the core income generating activities in or from Mauritius by:
(a) employing either directly or indirectly a reasonable number of suitably qualified persons to carry out the core activities; and
(b) have a minimum level of expenditure, which is proportionate to its level of activities.
2. Be managed and controlled from Mauritius.
3. Be administered by a Management Company.
The FSC has issued the following Circulars in respect of the above points 1(a) and (b):
With regards to the above point 2. the GBC should:
• Has at least 2 Directors resident of Mauritius;
• Maintains, at all times, its principal bank account inMauritius;
• Keep and maintain, at all times, its accounting recordsat its Registered Office in Mauritius;
• Prepare its financial statements and audite them inMauritius; and
• Provide for meetings of Directors to include at least 2directors from Mauritius.
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form